Behavioral Health Clinical Liaison
Job ID: 2426350BR
Location: Lansing, MI
Remote: WFH Flexible
This is a telework role requiring 10-15% travel in Kalamazoo County, MI.
Working schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
The remote Behavioral Health Clinical Liaison is a clinical leader in the duals plan focused on integrating member care and clinical coordination, leading the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of program and quality initiatives to address the needs of Aetna Better Health Premier Plan MiHealth Link Medicare-Medicaid (MMP).
The BH Clinical Liaison represents the plan and collaborates with state government, key stakeholders, community organizations, advocacy groups as well as plan leadership to enhance the quality of services provided to members and to ensure adherence to performance targets of the business area. Key functions include but are not limited to:
• Serves as a Behavioral Health (BH) and Substance Use Disorder (SUD) subject matter expert and key resource regarding any issues relating to integration of member care across departments.
• Displays comprehensive understanding of Bio-Psycho-Social principles and practices as they apply across all domains of health care. This includes the ability to apply BH and SUD knowledge, skills, tools and resources to effectively impact three potential areas of opportunity:
o Physical Health and Behavioral Health co-morbidity: co-occurrence of mental disorders and/or substance use disorders when physical health disorders are named as the primary diagnosis
o Psychosocial complexity that creates barriers to member/family engagement with, participation in and adherence to effective health practices
o Difficult relationships between members/families and their health care providers on the one hand, and/or with their care managers on the other, that undermine their ability to collaborate to manage complex, recurring, enduring and disabling health conditions
• Possesses fundamental knowledge of principles of substance use disorder and addiction medicine including ASAM levels of care. This includes ability to communicate with members based on a medical understanding of substance use disorders in a manner that is respectful, non-judgmental, non-stigmatizing, and encouraging. Motivational interviewing skills are a plus.
• Drives collaboration on quality of care, utilization management, disparities, and care coordination to ensure optimal member outcomes.
• Consults with management regarding physical and behavioral health clinical issues as they relate to medical management (utilization management, care management, quality management) provider and system of care issues, BH and social services system issues including critical stakeholders of various departments.
• Represents the plan to relevant external stake holders, such as providers/vendors and advocacy groups regarding quality improvement initiatives, integrating member care, health plan success and innovative care strategies.
• Engages members with complex clinical presentations, identifies opportunities for improving rounds and provides input to clinical leadership team to optimize.
• Supports the plan’s ability to comply with Behavioral Health and Substance Use outcomes required by regulators and credentialing bodies (i.e., CMS, ODM, NCQA).
• Advises on care coordination needs for members during and after inpatient behavioral health and substance use disorder admissions.
• This position requires an individual who is an effective leader as well as organized, individually motivated, and accountable.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• 5+ years of clinical management experience in behavioral health
• Willing and able to travel 10-15% within Kalamazoo County, MI. Reliable transportation required. Mileage is reimbursed per our company expense reimbursement policy.
• CADC (Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor) certification
• 2+ years of experience working for a MI Community Mental Health organization
• 2+ years of experience working for a managed care organization
• Master’s degree in Social Work required
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.