Project Manager - Remote USA
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TheProject Manager – REMOTE, USA will be responsible for managing electrical power/utility projectsincluding implementing project plans, managing project teams, and partnering within TRC to create effective execution plans. The Project Manager must embrace collaboration and provide strong leadership and management skills consistent with TRC core values. This role reports directly to the Land Director.Due to the nature of this role, the position can be seated in any US city, with 75% travel as needed to project sites across the country.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates directly with the Client Representative and the Director, Field Services Land to report Land progress outlining problems with possible resolution to pertinent issues impeding project completion.
- Create and manage project budgets, manage to budgets, reforecast monthly.
- Responsible for managing and overseeing portfolio of projects.
- Utilize TRC and client technology to effectively manage projects.
- Responsible for the overall project Land activities. Identifies negative trends, problem issues and implements resolution to reduce or eliminate adverse impacts on overall performance. Performs regular risk analysis.
- Reviews Land requirements and develops a written Execution Plan for the implementation of the activities needed to meet those requirements.
- Assure that all Land personnel are orientated when assigned to the project; this may include planning, schedules, polices, guidelines, procedures, safety, emergency response, and quality assurance.
- Assigns tasks to each Land personnel and explains the requirements for documentation of those tasks. Provides document, record, and report forms and explains the proper completion, distribution, and timing for submittal of forms.
- Monitors the Land personnel's performance of activities, completion of documentation, personal conduct, and work ethics. Evaluates these actions and provides guidance, coaching, motivation, or discipline as necessary to reinforce their role on the project. Approves all Land personnel time and expenses.
- Monitors the overall Land tasks for compliance to project requirements. Identifies changes in work scope, variance in schedule or budgeted costs.
- Implements and documents the necessary actions to incorporate work changes and if possible, maintain progress schedules and budgeted costs.
- Provide guidance and supervision to all project land staff ensuring project commitments and goals are met, to include survey, title, acquisition, document and administrative staff, non-environmental permitting, and construction support.
- Report progress to client in the form of daily, weekly, and monthly status reports.
- Release assigned personnel as they complete their duties and responsibilities.
- Complete a Personnel Performance Evaluation form on all Land personnel upon completion of their assignment.
- Perform complex negotiations and other job responsibilities as assigned.
- Posses knowledge of electric transmission or utilities projects and construction methods.
- Preference given to candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field
- Must have experience in electrical/utility projects
- Preference given to local candidates
- Must have at least 5 years of project management experience
- IRWA members preferred
- Preference given to candidates with PMP certification
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401(k) plan with company match. For more information please visit www.trcsolutions.com
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.