Kroger Transportation Center Internship
Company Name: Kroger Logistics
Position Type: Intern
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Complete all assigned projects and programs under the supervision of a KTC team lead. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the transportation center. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Apply discipline specific principles through involvement in meaningful projects to expand technical and business skills. Disciplines include; Transportation Planning Operations, Sourcing & Procurement of freight, handling freight bid negotiations and carrier selection.
- Reinforce the educational concepts you are learning through relevant work experience. Capture your thoughts and insights during the course of your internship in preparation for your internship end presentation.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to meet regulatory and company requirements regarding costs and profitability of Kroger managed shipping lanes.
- Assist in maintaining the Transportation Management System.
- Prepare reports to explain the financial performance related to managed freight
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Current student actively pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend complex verbal and written instructions.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- General knowledge of distribution/logistics operations
- Experience with customer service problem resolution.
- General knowledge of accounting principles
- Project Management experience
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Intern
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Kroger Accounting Services: At KASH, we service Kroger’s internal customers in accounting and human resource functions. We perform accounting functions for Kroger’s Supermarket and Convenience Store Fuel Centers, Third Party Pharmacies, and Kroger’s private label charge card. In our Human Resource Shared Services Center, we support the Kroger divisions with payroll processing, garnishments, leave of absence, time and attendance, and interpreting contracts into our database. We also staff an imaging center where we digitize all paper files for the company. We employ over 300 associates at KASH, and offer competitive wages, benefits, and room for career advancement.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: MI || Romulus || 15675 Wahrman Rd. || 48174 || Kroger Logistics || None || Logistics/Supply Chain || Intern || Non-Exempt || Intern || None