Store Product Owner Specialist (Hybrid or Remote)
store remote team agile store team member framework digital family community growth assistance subject matter expert
March 22, 2023
Grand Rapids, Michigan
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you're provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family - take care of your career and your community!
Paid parental leave
Paid education assistance
Team member discount
Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!This position has the ability to work a hybrid schedule out of our corporate office in Grand Rapids, MI or remote in the following states: MI, IN, IL, WI, OH, or KY.
The Store Product Owner Specialist is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) responsible for overall technology advancements, store processes and overall development efforts for the Store Support Organization. This Product Owner will work very close with crossfunctional teams to define, develop, and launch transformative technology features/capabilities as well as in-store solutions. This Product Owner/Specialist is a key role within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) that Meijer has adopted across multiple areas of the business. This role offers the unique opportunity to influence and create new in-store and digital experiences that impact our Customers and Team Member, drive incremental sales and deliver Best in Class solutions for Meijer. Individuals in this role must embody SAFe Agile while demonstrating the ability to understand Customer and Team Member needs and have the aptitude for both technical and business requirements.
What You'll be Doing:
- Responsible for the end-state product/property experiences, which could include (but not limited to) Shop & Scan, POS technology. Handheld/Mobile technology, App development, Customer Experience and managing new technologies to support the Digital and Retail Roadmap for our stores.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for contributions towards the creation and development of project roadmaps, project strategy and planning process.
- Interprets customer data and Team Member feedback to identify opportunities to influence the digital experience by reducing friction in our solutions while increasing simplicity and efficiencies for our Customers and Team Members.
- Sees projects from start to finish, including detailed breakdown of features at the beginning, through measuring success post-rollout.
- Conveys the vision and goals to the team for each new feature prioritized.
- Creates, owns and is measured against their agile team's objectives for each 10 week program increment.
- Maintains and prioritizes their team's backlog during the sprint planning process.
- Attends all regularly scheduled meetings as part of the SAFe framework, including sprint planning, sprint demos, system demos, retrospectives, and program increment planning events.
- Communicates status and progress externally.
- Plans and executes program/feature transitions with high customer impact as needed.
- Additional projects outside of the agile project teams as assigned.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years' experience in Retail Leading teams, SAFe Agile work, and/or IT field.
- Experience working with technical teams required, preferably within an Agile (SAFe) framework.
- Experience in working within teams and cross-functional partner relationships.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint experience.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver simple customer experience solutions.
- Strong written, editing, proofreading and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills, comfort leading cross functional projects.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills with ability to prioritize multiple/competing projects and assignments.
- Attention to detail with an ability to meet tight timelines.
- Strong problem solving ability and dealing with ambiguity.
- Strong work ethic complemented by a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to communicate and interact with various divisions and levels of the organization.
- Exceptional ability to extract strategic insights from data and adjust and/or plan accordingly.
- May require travel to markets.
Report this job